Welcome to Robert E. Laing Memorial VFW Post 9835.
OUR MISSION: To foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts. To serve our veterans, the military, and our communities. To advocate on behalf of all veterans.
OUR VISION: Ensure that veterans are respected for their service, always receive their earned entitlements, and are recognized for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made on behalf of this great country.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Always put the interests of our members first
- Treat donors as partners in our cause
- Promote patriotism
- Honor military service
- Ensure the care of veterans and their families
- Serve our communities
- Promote a positive image of the VFW
- Respect the diversity of veteran opinions
Why Post 9835
We are a post that focuses on making a real difference on a personal level in the lives of our community’s veterans by interacting with a variety of organizations.
Our strength comes from you, the VFW strives to do good things for deserving people – our veterans, their families and their communities. From local grassroots ideas to national influence, we work every day to make a difference. These are our strengths as an organization. And, with each individual membership, we only grow stronger.
Our Post in the Community
• Hospital Visits to Veterans
• Adoption of Reserve Units
• Boy Scout/Girl Scout Recognition
• VFW Patriot’s Pen Awards
• VFW Voice of Democracy Awards
• VFW Teacher of the Year Awards
• Day on the Hill
• Help to the Homeless
• JROTC Program Support
• Warrenton Christmas Parade
• Warrenton Memorial Day Parade
• Veterans in the Classroom
• Veterans Day Ceremony
• Support for Fauquier Free Clinic
• VDOT Roadside Cleanup Program
• Support for African American Historical Society
• Virginia Hunters Who Care
• Fauquier Veterans Bridge Council